- over 1600 videos currently hosted
- over 10k views total
The service is deployed directly on the GARR Cloud infrastructure which is distributed over several nodes throughout Italy. The QuavStreams platform uses these machines to encode, store, and stream the conferences held by the GARR community.
POLITECNICO DI BARI WebTV
- Aula Magna “Attilio Alto”
- Aula Domus Sapientae presso Dipartimento DICAR
- Sala Videoconferenze presso Amministrazione Centrale
- Isolato 47 (Città Vecchia)
In each place we installed a QuavBox (Rack) machine connected to the audio/video equipment. The encoder performs the raw audio/video signal acquisition and the multi-level encoding for adaptive streaming. The encoded levels are sent to QuavStreams customized service connected to the public Internet. Moreover, a QuavBox (Mini) machine is used for streaming outdoor events. This machine can use the WiFi connection (if available) or a mobile 3G/4G operator.