Quavlive is deeply involved in several Research and Development (R&D) activities covering the field of video streaming technologies, including adaptive streaming techniques, video conference systems, and control algorithms for computing systems.
Qualive’s R&D efforts have led to several patents to be filed and granted for the innovations developed by the company:
- [US7299280B2] Method and apparatus for TCP with faster recovery.
- [US20020085587A1] End-to end bandwidth estimation for congestion control in packet switching networks.
- [US7593335] Rate congestion control for packet networks.
- [US7916637] Actuator for implementing rate-based packet sending over packet switching networks.
- [US20150146778A1] Controlling player buffer and video encoder for adaptive video streaming.
Quavlive has been administrative and technical leader of several R&D projects:
- 2015: Development of the”QuavBox” video encoder, based on the US-filed n.7593335 and n.7916637 – Funded by Invitalia (Brevetti+).
- 2015-2016: Project “Massive Adaptive Internet VIdeo STreaming Using the Cloud” (MAIVISTO) – Development of adaptive streaming technologies for large scale video streaming using Big-Data analysis – Funded by MIUR.
- 2017-2021: Project “a CLoud-based platform for Immersive adaPtive video Streaming” (CLIPS) – Development of optimization techniques for the streaming of immersive panoramic videos for AR/VR – PON “Imprese e Competitività” 2014-2020 FESR funded by MISE.
- 2021-2022: Project “PiAttaforme Mobili ELevabili ad Alta Guidabilità” (PAMELA) – Development of assisted driving, collision avoidance functionalities for Mobile elevating work platforms – Funded by “Meditech (Consorzio Meditech – Mediterranean Competence Centre 4 Innovation)”