Project Title:: PiAttaforme Mobili ELevabili ad Alta Guidabilità (PAMELA)
Project partners: Quavlive S.r.l., Faraone Industrie S.p.A.
Funding body: Meditech (Consorzio Meditech – Mediterranean Competence Centre 4 Innovation)
Call for proposals: Progetti di Innovazione, Ricerca Industriale e Sviluppo Sperimentale in tema di Tecnologie Abilitanti 4.0 (Bando Meditech n.1)
Project ID: I95F21000890004
Project start date: 01/11/2021
Project end date: 31/12/2022
PAMELA project aims to create a new generation of mobile elevating platforms with intelligent semi-autonomous driving capabilities with the goal of improving drivability, precision and safe travel.
- assisted driveability that will allow the platform to be guided more accurately in tight spaces;
- collision avoidance that will enable it to sense the presence of obstacles in any direction of movement and avoid collision;
- provision for the development of advanced autonomous driving capabilities that will enable the platform to move autonomously in structured contexts such as warehouse shelving.
Description of the technological solution
The following technologies will be developed to achieve assisted driving, autonomous driving and collision avoidance:
- Displacement speed control systems;
- Using Inertial Measurement Unit sensors to estimate the orientation of the moving platform, determine the direction of movement, and measure the slope of the ground;
- Collision avoidance systems that employ innovative sensors that make possible, in a very compact package, distance measurements with centimeter resolution;
- Laser sensors to detect the height of the basket from the ground;
- Control algorithms based on Model Predictive Control and Reinforcement Learning.